09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Visitors



There were at least thirty of these Cedar Waxwings in one of our Bradford Pear trees a few days ago on the first day of Winter. For a short time, that is, as they were gone in just a few minutes.  I didn't see them at all the rest of the day.  It was fortunate that they chose my place to rest and that I was outside with the camera while they were passing through.  Also, I hope they made it through OK, because it was over 70 degrees and there was a very windy storm front with tornado potential just to their west.

8 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i do hope these beauties survived that wind. so pretty against the sky.

Judy said...

What a wonderful shot. I wish they would come around here even for a stopover.

eileeninmd said...

I love the Waxwings, great sighting and photo. Enjoy your day!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

So happy that you were there with your camera! They are beautiful. I never see them here.

Gail Dixon said...

Love these birds. Can't wait until ours come back...probably Feb or March. Lucky you got a nice shot from their brief stay. Way to stay ready, Amy!

Cranberry Morning said...

I LOVE those birds. In the spring, on their way through, they stop in and devour any cranberries that are remaining on the bush outside our window. :-)

Kathy said...

Probably my favorite bird. They come through here in February and in a day or two have stripped all the berries from our huge red-tipped photinia bushes.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

This one needs framing!