09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Thursday, June 13, 2013

In the eye of a spider


Canon 100mm f2.8L lens, hand held no flash, f10, 1/40, ISO 2500, cropped a lot
 See me?  There in the eyes?


Canon 100mm f2.8L lens, hand held, with flash, f4.0, 1/60, ISO 400, cropped a lot

Canon 100mm f2.8L lens, hand held, f4.0, 1/50, ISO 320 no flash, cropped a lot

The end.


Update:  The last photo earned a 1st Place ribbon in the "insect category" at the
2013 Middle Tennessee District Fair, Lawrenceburg, Tennessee



10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i do so hate spiders, but this is totally awesome, all of them... shows every thing I can't see because i will not get close, i call bob to kill them for me, amazing details, and i do see you in the eyes... how close were you to him. i am always afraid they will JUMP on me. my grandmother had spiders the size of a palm of a hand and they could jump about 5 feet... they were fuzzy like these...

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow- this is fantastic..kinda creepy to know what they look like up close. LOL

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Oh my gosh, I do see you in the eyes! So cool! But it is a bit creepy seeing a spider this close...yikes! Wonderful photos :)

eileeninmd said...

Wow, amazing shots. I hope you were not too close.

Andy said...

Wow. There's not many women that would do what you did. I find most of them are fearful of spiders.

Judy said...

Wow, these are awesome shots!

Brian King said...

Fantastic shots, Amy! Excellent job! That's a nice lens!

Anne Payne said...

Totally creepy, Amy! Fantastic shots, especially the last one :)

Pamela Gordon said...

I was glad to see "the end" at the end. I don't like spiders but these closeup shots are fascinating. I didn't know they had so many eyes! Gross, but fantastic shots Amy!

Kathy said...

My goodness! What a handsome dude!